Saturday, July 22, 2006

Whether it's fate or not; I'm surprised

After a long phone call to my AZ desert princess, I was depressed Thursday night. My life seemed a deep rut, a rut worn very deep by 4 years of stasis. By Friday night everything was different. Different in that way an earthquake leaves you feeling. A DHL package was waiting on my porch when I finally dragged myself in around six. After three weeks of diminishing hopes, after mentally writing the possibility off, I got a job offer.

I wouldn't look in detail, I only read the first word - "congradulations...". About that, for reasons I can't understand, I don't open immediately important pieces of mail. Even mail that I know is good news will sit for days unopened. It's needs savoring I guess. This means I didn't actually read the letter until this morning at breakfast with my brother.

I was unsure about relocating 180 miles. At the same time I was also very happy to be accepted for the position. All of those thoughts disappeared when I saw what they offered me. It was a 45% increase over my previous wage. There had been no discussion of wages. There had been no disscussion of anything at all. All I had was an oral interview. The department offering the job is called ...global employment. How they decided my value to the company is quite beyond me. Oh well any thought of saying no disappeared that minute.

Now everything is set in motion with "to-do" lists everywhere. Now my time is no longer my time - the game is afoot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home